Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit - Review

09:05:00

I am so hopeless at how long it has taken me to do up this post, but finally I am getting off my butt (even though technically I'm still sitting down on my butt writing this) and finishing this off for you guys! A few weeks (okay maybe more like a month ago now) I won a competition over on The Black and White Guide for a Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K. Do you know how over the moon I was when I found out I won!? lets just say I was chilling on the moon and setting up shop cause there was no way I was coming down off that high. 

The packaging, first up, is so cute! And you better belief I am keeping the box for decoration (i am a hoarder, I know!). Inside there is a Liquid Lipstick along with a creamy lip liner.


I had difficulty swatching this as I honestly believe the colour on the lips is much lighter than when swatched on your hand (I don't know how this works...maybe a user error and dodgy photography skills). It is a pink toned nude that leans more on the brown side of the pink spectrum, however it is not a true brown which makes it extremely wearable for day-day. 

The longevity of the lipstick is by far one of the best I have used. When I have a liquid lipstick, I look for not necessarily how long it stays on the lips for, but how evenly it wears throughout the time period. If a lipstick lasts 5 hours, but as soon as I eat something it clumps up like crazy, then I am not a fan. I would rather have to reapply just a smidge in the middle of my lips where it usually wears off first, if that means it would fade evenly and not clump. 

In saying that, I found this lipstick to wear quite beautifully on the lips, and as it faded towards the end of the day after a few meals, I found it wore off just as evenly as a nourishing lipstick would. 

Price wise I believe the lipsticks in US dollars are reasonable for the quality, however with Australian conversion rates, and shipping, and the general pain in the ass to buy them, I do see how a lot of people don't think it is worthy. If given the chance to get these at a good deal (and not pay 70 dollars for a lipkit) I would definitely broaden my collection. 



Tip of the day... If you are taking photos of the product with your new fluffy WHITE rug as the back drop..DON'T drop the lipstick onto the rug! #firstworldproblems.

Again, a HUGE thank you to Ebony @ The Black and White Guide for this prize, and allowing me to test out the formula of this cult beauty product.


x tee.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

recent posts