My Current Skincare Routine

09:30:00


I have been trying to get myself into a good routine where I actually clean my face and look after it. Not so long ago my skincare routine was practically non-existent. As bad as this sounds (please don't smite me), I sometimes wouldn't even bother to take my makeup off. I would just fall asleep, and then in the morning apply over top...I can hear the profanities and the shocked gasps now. I know guys..I know. So, the following may seem like a lot of steps, but I have had to take action to save my face from the state it is in, so for me it is necessary. Plus, I have now come to enjoy how relaxing it is to do my skincare routine.

Firstly I will use some makeup remover wipes to take off the bulk of my makeup. Right now I am loving the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes in the Night Calming version (what a bloody name!) as they smell amazing, and take off all of my makeup quite easily! This step just aids in helping me get the cleanest skin as possible, so that when I go in with a cleanser the layer of makeup is already gone. I recently picked up the Purasonic Neo Facial Cleansing Brush Kit from my local Woolworths for $49 to see what the hype was when it came to electronic face brushes.....I am HOOKED. I can see why people pay a lot of money for these bad boys.With my Neo brush I will put some cleanser on the brush (I usually do this step in the shower, just personal preference) and gently brush it around my face for the two minute timer it is set to. The cleanser I use changes depending on what I have, but at the moment I am using the Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Energising Cleansing Gel.






Once I am out of the shower I will move on to the rest of my skincare which sometimes varies depending on what areas I need to target. I start off by using a toner, which is a new step in my routine, and right now I am using the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Toner to just ensure all the grime and makeup is off my skin. Then I use a blemish treatment to help get rid of some of my pimples and blemishes that cover my face. Right now I am trailing out the Acne Blemish Treatment by Formula 10.0.6. Then I will use a serum or an oil, for added hydration as my skin is quite dry and tight, especially after cleansing! The serum I am liking at the moment is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum, mainly because of how amazing it smells! As my skin is quite dry, once the serum has soaked in, I will go in with a separate moisturiser on top of the serum. I have just bought the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Night Concentrate so I am testing it out to see if it works well with the serum. After that, I usually call it a day and leave it at that.


Sometimes there are a few other little things that I will add or replace in my skincare, depending on what mood I'm in, if i have problem areas, etc. I thought I would include a few of the products I use generally every week, but not on a daily basis. I bought these Overnight Spot Minimizing Patches to see if they were a fail or a holy grail, and my goodness...THEY WORK. I put like a dozen over my face the other night just before I went to bed, and when I woke up in the morning, the spots were significantly reduced. I also love doing face masks every few days if I have the time and energy, and I have a whole other blog post coming soon dedicated to all my masks I have, but lately there are two that I have been loving. A new favourite that i picked up based on the recommendation of fellow (amaaaazing) blogger Ebony @ The Black and White guide, are the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Masks. The best way to describe these is that they are basically the Hydro Boost Serum on crack. Legit. So much hydration from one little sheet mask! Lastly, I loveeeeeee love love the Sephora Collection Mud Mask otherwise known as Masque Boue Purifant Matifiant. I don't use this more than once a week as if I did my skin would become even drier than it is, but this is a great mask to get all the gunk and junk out of your pores!


That is pretty much it for right now! I do change things here and there, but I find these steps help to reduce my acne scarring. Slowly but surely I am seeing progress!




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi,
    I am wondering where I am able to obtain a purasonic neo as I think they are discountinued also is the neo the same as the plain purasonic cleansing brush. There is no details on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

recent posts