Winter Lip Favourites

15:54:00

It's that time of year when the weather is cooler, the trees are bare, the sun sets earlier, and the wooly knits are pulled out of the back of the cupboard where they have been hibernating for a good 9 months. With winter comes the adventure with makeup for me. Being able to rock a smokey eye in the day time gives me life! Dark lips and warm nudes, are my go to staples for the lips and I thought I would share a few of my favourite lipsticks here today.
Top - LEFT - RIGHT- bottom: Maybelline Color Drama in BERRY MUCH, Australis Velourlips in DOO-BAI, Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in TOUCH OF SPICE, Australis Colour Inject in GRUNGE, Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in DIVINE WINE, Chi Chi Creamy Matte in FLIRT, & Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte in ICED MOCHA.


TOP TO BOTTOM:

Maybelline Color Drama in BERRY MUCH: 

This creamy lip crayon is perfect for winter. It is creamy and nourishing, whilst still being incredibly pigmented. The pencil form provides seamless application in just a few swipes, making it awesome for on the go, and for touch ups. 

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in TOUCH OF SPICE:


This is my nude staple for winter. It is a mid-tone brown with a hue of pink to make it seem natural, yet at the same time it is dark enough to pack a punch. The formula of these lipsticks are comfortable on the lips, and very nourishing. 

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in DIVINE WINE:


The only way I can explain this lipstick, is that its Touch of Spice's big sister. It is a dark brown, but instead of pink, it leans more on the red side, coming off as a deep maroon on the lips. Again, this formula is incredibly nourishing on the lips. 

Australis Colour Inject in GRUNGE: 


This lipstick has to be a fair few years old, but I can't bring myself to part with it just yet. It is a dark purple/plum shade, that I love to rock with a simple winged eyeliner. This formula is very creamy and shiny, however with how old it is, I believe the packaging is new, so the formula may vary nowadays. 

Australis Velourlips in DOO-BAI:


This formula is super drying, so i don't tend to reach for it often, however it's always nice to have a staple matte (I'm talking matte enough that it takes hours to wear off) so that you aren't having to retouch your lipstick every two hours. 

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte in ICED MOCHA:


This shade is a true brown. In picture you can't honestly tell (thanks to the torrential rain right now, my photo taking options consist of no light whatsoever), however IRL it is such a nice nude brown. Considering the shade, it is actually extremely wearable, and its one of my GO-TO picks for winter. The formula is hydrating (get it...HYDRA...) and comfortable on the lips. 

Chi Chi Creamy Matte in FLIRT:


I loose this formula, especially in winter when my lips tend to dry out a bit. It is a matte, however it is super creamy and doesn't completely dry down. This shade is your run of the mill "Kylie Jenner' nude lip. 


Maybelline TOUCH OF SPICE, Maybelline DIVINE WINE & Australis GRUNGE
As you can tell, I am a sucker for the dark berry shades and the brown hues! I also love slightly more matte lip options, as I find they stay on for longer, meaning I don't have to constantly worry about whether I look like a two year old has applied my makeup. 


Stay tuned for a future post of my favourite Winter Nail options, and my Winter Face Masks!

x Tee

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

recent posts